CRAFTED TONES, FORGED FOR ROCK
Compact and powerful, the 100-watt Katana-Head delivers sharply defined rock tones with rich, commanding presence. The amp also includes integrated access to a huge range of BOSS effects, which are customizable using the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software. And with the powerful onboard Tone Setting memories, you can store your favorite amp channel setups and effects combinations for instant recall. In addition, the versatile Katana-Head is equipped with an effects loop and MIDI for integration with advanced rigs, and features a convenient built-in monitor speaker for tone preview and practice without a cab.
Katana Version 2: Expanded Effects, More Tone Settings, and Increased Performance Versatility
Available starting in October 2017, the feature-packed Katana Version 2 update adds many user-requested additions and enhancements to the Katana stage amp lineup. New SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E effects bring the total number to 58, and the Tone Setting memories have been doubled for even greater versatility while performing. The update also includes newly added channel and global EQs for refined tone-shaping, powerful Cabinet Resonance and Air Feel direct out functions derived from the Waza amp series, and many other great features.
Katana Version 2 is a free, user-installable update for all Katana owners, and is available in the Downloads section.
- Light and portable 100-watt amplifier head with powerful, gig-ready sound
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from a huge selection of customizable effects and effect routing configurations with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Dedicated gain, EQ, presence, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Integrated 5-inch monitor speaker for practice without an external cab
- MIDI input for Tone Setting selection and effects on/off from a MIDI foot controller
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Katana Version 2 Newly Added Features
- Tone Setting memories increased from four to eight (two banks of four)
- Access to 58 total effects (SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E types added)
- Full-time channel and global parametric EQs for refined tone shaping
- Three Cabinet Resonance types adjust the interaction between the amp’s output section and speaker, enabling you to fine-tune the feel and tone of the amp
- Cabinet simulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs enhanced with three Air Feel settings for adding depth and dimension to direct tones
- Reverb section now supports delay and delay-plus-reverb in addition to reverb only
- Expanded send/return routing options for inserting external processing in the effects loop