Strymon NightSky Time-Warped Reverberator
The Rules of Space and Time Have Been Rewritten.
New Sonic Territory.
NightSky is a reverb pedal you will want to get your hands on. Deep and powerful sound manipulation with instant response knob-tweaking and no menu diving set a new standard in experimental reverb sound design.
Warp Core Reverb.
NightSky achieves some of its most mind bending sounds by using a Variable Process Rate for its reverb core, allowing you to simultaneously change the size of the reverb as well as the pitch. This pitch change can be completely smooth, or quantized to a variety of musical scales. And it can be sequenced.
Harmonic Sculpture Machine.
Use Shimmer to shift the harmonic structure by selectable musical intervals. Add Glimmer to dynamically enhance the harmonic spectrum. Turn up Drive to generate saturated overdriven harmonics. Then sculpt the resulting signal with NightSky’s synth-like variable-resonance low pass filter.
Instant Access to 16 Presets.
NightSky gives you instant front panel access to 16 presets. Of course, if 16 is not enough, 300 preset locations are available via MIDI.
Core of your MIDI Rig.
With full MIDI control of every parameter plus 300 preset locations, NightSky is designed to be the center of sonic expressiveness for your MIDI pedalboard. Control sequencer tempo and pitch via MIDI. Modulate NightSky’s filter with beat-synced modulation envelopes from your DAW. Let NightSky provide the inspiration, and the possibilities are as unlimited as your imagination. NightSky transmits and receives MIDI over 5-pin DIN, USB, and even the Expression jack (via our MIDI EXP cable)—perfect for your pedalboard or in your studio.
Morphing expression control.
Connect an expression pedal and enjoy a whole new level of instantaneous, continuous control. Set as many knobs as you like for the heel position and toe position of your expression pedal, and all settings will simultaneously morph throughout the full range of the expression pedal.
Dedicated Instrument/Line Input Level Switch.
NightSky offers an input level switch to work perfectly with a variety of input sources. Set the switch to the INST position when using a guitar level input. Set to LINE when using NightSky in the effects loop of a guitar amp, or when driving NightSky with a hot output from a synth or mixer insert. The LINE input mode gives you an additional 10dB of clean headroom, and is also perfect for using NightSky as a send effect or insert effect in the studio.
- Three selectable reverb types offer a wide variety of ambient textures
- MOD section with various waveforms to modulate the reverb or tone filters
- TONE section to sculpt the high and low EQ of the reverb
- VOICE section to enhance the aural spectrum of the reverb
- Adjustable SHIMMER for adding pitch shifting of up to +/- 1 octave to the reverb
- GLIMMER dynamically enhances high or low frequency harmonics for synth-like textures
- Pre or Post DRIVE to add saturated overdriven harmonics to the reverb
- Adjustable reverb core size to increase or decrease the space for reflections
- Independent REVERB and DRY level controls
- Step sequencer for programming rhythmic pitch variations of the reverb
- Access to 16 presets from the front panel and 300 presets via MIDI
- High impedance ultra low-noise discrete Class A JFET preamp stereo inputs
- Low impedance stereo outputs
- Input Level switch allows for both instrument and line level signals
- On, Favorite, and Infinite footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of an expression pedal, MultiSwitch Plus, or 1/4” to MIDI cable
- Full featured MIDI in/out supporting MIDI CCs, program changes, MIDI clock sync and more
- USB jack for controlling via MIDI from a computer or for performing firmware updates
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium JFET analog front end
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- Super high performance SHARC DSP
- 32-bit floating point processing
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Audio Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Audio Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching) or selectable transparent Analog Buffered Bypass
- Strong and lightweight anodized dark blue aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 300mA of current
- Dimensions: 4.5″ deep x 7″ wide x 1.75″ tall/114.3 mm deep x 177.3 mm wide x 44.5 mm tall
- Designed and built in the USA
Flipside Music ships items within 2 days of purchase. UPS, FedEx or USPS will be used to ship your purchase, if you have a preference for another shipping provider, please contact Ike or Dylan and we will work with you and the company you choose.
International orders may be subject to destination countries sales, VAT or import tax. Please contact your country's duty center, prior to purchase for more information regarding these fees. Flipside Music will not reduce listed price to avoid said duties.
We honor a 14 day return window on all new items.
If you feel the need to return an item, it must be in the sellable condition, no paint chips, scratches or broken parts. Sellable Condition means that the product(s) is in exactly the same condition as it was when you received it. The item must have all the original packaging, included accessories owner’s manuals and blank warranty card, no sign of wear or abuse.
Used and Vintage Gear
We honor a 3 day return window on all used and vintage items.
All our used gear is tested for functionality prior to being available for purchase and therefore only carries a 3 day approval period. If you would like to make a return just let us know within the 3 day window.
Damaged or Defective Items
We visually inspect all items before shipment. If you believe you have received a damaged or defective product, please contact us immediately so we can work through the issue. Guitars, basses, and other equipment returned to us with pick marks, "buckle-rash", or any other damage or evidence of use may be subject to a 20% restocking fee, repair charge or disqualification of return. All items must be returned to us in the same condition they were when shipped to qualify. We reserve the right to refuse any return if we determine the item has been misused, modified or damaged by the purchaser. If the item turns out not to be defective upon inspection, we will have to deduct the cost of shipping from your return credit.
You will be responsible for the shipping charge for the return of your item, and if your item qualifies for Free shipping on its way to you, this shipping charge will also be deducted from your refund. If your item is determined to be defective, we will pay the shipping charge, equivalent to ground service.