Limitless and boundless, Blackhole features two types of infinite reverb. “Infinite mode” continuously layers new sound on top of a suspended reverb while “Freeze mode” holds the effect in stasis, allowing you to play over the reverb tail. The Freeze Footswitch allows instant access to this feature.
Unlike other reverbs which may offer pre or post modulation, Blackhole features modulation built into the very reverb structure itself: this modulation can be used to smooth out the rough edges of the most extreme settings and offers unique tone-shaping ability.
Escape the Expected
Like all Eventide pedals, Blackhole allows you to fine tune every aspect of the effect. With our new, user-friendly, intuitive interface, just about anyone can shoot for the moon and land beyond the stars. A historical foundation of Eventide’s sound, the Blackhole reverb pedal opens a Milky Way of possibility on your pedal board. Add this extraordinary sonic vessel to the mix and prepare to launch into the stratosphere!
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
- Control the Size of your space from a cartoonishly small room to a limitless universe
- Use PreDelay to offset the onset of the reverb
- Turn up Feedback to go beyond the event horizon
- Tap the Freeze Footswitch to instantly 'freeze' your sound
- Dual action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for selecting use with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load)
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets
- Fine-tune your tone with Lo, Hi and Q (resonance) controls. Use the tone controls to add airiness or clear up the low-end. Map the EQ controls to an expression pedal to add movement to the reverb tail
- Unique Gravity control to custom-tailor the reverb tail in two realms — normal or inverse decay. Create interesting swells or suck the dry signal back into the reverb tail. At longer decay times, Blackhole allows the articulation to shine through without competing with the reverb tail
- Input : 1/4" TRS / Mono = Tip, Stereo = Tip & Ring
- Out: 1 1/4" TS Mono / Mono Output
- Out: 2 1/4" TS Mono / Stereo Output
- EXP: 1/4" TRS / Expression pedal, Aux Switch or MIDI I/O
- Mono/Stereo Switch: Sets Input to Mono (Tip) or Stereo (Tip + Ring)
- Guitar/Line Level Switch: Optimizes internal gain structure
- Mini USB: Software updates, MIDI I/O
- DC Input Jack: 5.5mm / 2.1mm plug / Center Negative (-)
Input Impedance: 700k ohms Mono, 990k ohms Stereo
Max Input, Guitar: +8dBu
Max Input, Line: +14dBu
Output Impedance: 220 ohms
Recommended Load Impedance: 10k ohms
Power: 9V DC @ 200mA / Center Negative (-)
Dimensions (product): 4" W x 4.25" D x 1.68" H / 102 mm x 108 mm x 43 mm
Weight (product): 1.06 lb / 0.48 kg
Dimensions (package): 7.7" W x 4.75" D x 2.8" H / 178 mm x 121 mm x 71 mm
Weight (package): 1.68 lb / .77 kg
Flipside Music ships items within 2 days of purchase. UPS, FedEx or USPS will be used to ship your purchase, if you have a preference for another shipping provider, please contact Ike or Dylan and we will work with you and the company you choose.
International orders may be subject to destination countries sales, VAT or import tax. Please contact your country's duty center, prior to purchase for more information regarding these fees. Flipside Music will not reduce listed price to avoid said duties.
We honor a 14 day return window on all new items.
If you feel the need to return an item, it must be in the sellable condition, no paint chips, scratches or broken parts. Sellable Condition means that the product(s) is in exactly the same condition as it was when you received it. The item must have all the original packaging, included accessories owner’s manuals and blank warranty card, no sign of wear or abuse.
Used and Vintage Gear
We honor a 3 day return window on all used and vintage items.
All our used gear is tested for functionality prior to being available for purchase and therefore only carries a 3 day approval period. If you would like to make a return just let us know within the 3 day window.
Damaged or Defective Items
We visually inspect all items before shipment. If you believe you have received a damaged or defective product, please contact us immediately so we can work through the issue. Guitars, basses, and other equipment returned to us with pick marks, "buckle-rash", or any other damage or evidence of use may be subject to a 20% restocking fee, repair charge or disqualification of return. All items must be returned to us in the same condition they were when shipped to qualify. We reserve the right to refuse any return if we determine the item has been misused, modified or damaged by the purchaser. If the item turns out not to be defective upon inspection, we will have to deduct the cost of shipping from your return credit.
You will be responsible for the shipping charge for the return of your item, and if your item qualifies for Free shipping on its way to you, this shipping charge will also be deducted from your refund. If your item is determined to be defective, we will pay the shipping charge, equivalent to ground service.