Boss DD-500 Digital Delay Pedal
DD-500 Version 2 Software: New and Improved Control Parameters, Routing Options, and Effects for Increased Performance Flexibility
The feature-packed Version 2 software update brings powerful new performance enhancements and unparalleled flexibility to the DD-500. Even more control has been added, with an improved A/B simultaneous mode for advanced routing as well as new Series and Parallel modes. Five new effect types have been added to the current delay algorithms, plus many updated parameters common to all modes. The update also offers lots of user-requested features, including additional MIDI controls, new modulation types, a feedback loop function for inserting external effects, adjustable input and output levels, selectable EQ position, and more.
- Studio-level sound with class-leading 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 versatile delay modes from vintage to modern deliver unlimited creative possibilities
- Unrivaled real-time expression with customizable control settings for onboard and external switches
- Graphic LCD for easy, intuitive operation while performing and editing
- Onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Equipped with a built-in Phrase Looper, MIDI, USB, and more
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
- Dedicated editor software available
DD-500 Version 2 Software Newly Added Features
- Improved A/B Simul mode with more flexible control and input/output options
- Five newly added effects, including vintage Binson Echorec 2, touch-responsive filter delay, and more
- Additional detailed tone-editing parameters such as feedback damp and modulation mode
- More flexible routing options with the new Insert Loop function, selectable EQ insertion position, expanded independent delay connection modes, and more
- Enhanced effects with extended parameters and sound quality refinements, including stereo pitch shifters and overtone effects for Shimmer mode, effect targets for Slow Attack mode, and more
Sampling Frequency: 96 kHz
AD/DA Conversion: 32 bits
Processing: 32-bit floating point
- 12 modes
- VINTAGE DIGITAL
- TERA ECHO
- SLOW ATTACK
Maximum delay time: 10 sec.(depends on delay mode)
- 60 sec. (96 kHz/MONO, 48 kHz/STEREO)
- 120 sec. (48 kHz/MONO)
- Delay can be applied.
Patches: 198 (99 banks x 2 [A] [B]), 297 (99 banks x 3 [A] [B] [C])
Pedals: Foot switch x 3 [A][B][TAP/CTL]
- MOD DEPTH
Display: Graphic LCD (128 x 64 dots, backlit LCD) x 1
Nominal Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
Maximum Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
Input Impedance: INPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
Maximum Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
Output Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 2 k ohms
Recommended Load Impedance
OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 20 k ohms or greater
Bypass: Buffered bypass or True bypass (with relays)
- INPUT A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B USB-MIDI
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- DC IN jack
Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Current Draw: 200 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- Alkaline: Approx. 7 hours
Accessories: Owner's manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: PSA series
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U, FS-5L
- Dual Footswitch: BOSS FS-6, FS-7
- Expression Pedal: BOSS FV-500H, FV-500L, Roland EV-5
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width: 170 mm/6-3/4 inches
- Depth: 138 mm/5-7/16 inches
- Height: 62 mm/2-1/2 inches
- Weight (including battery): 1.0 kg/2 lbs 4 oz.
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Flipside Music ships items within 2 days of purchase. UPS, FedEx or USPS will be used to ship your purchase, if you have a preference for another shipping provider, please contact Ike or Dylan and we will work with you and the company you choose.
International orders may be subject to destination countries' sales, VAT or import tax. Please contact your country's duty center, prior to purchase for more information regarding these fees. Flipside Music will not reduce listed price to avoid said duties.
We honor a 14 day return window on all new items.
If you feel the need to return an item, it must be in the sellable condition, no paint chips, scratches or broken parts. Sellable Condition means that the product(s) is in exactly the same condition as it was when you received it. The item must have all the original packaging, included accessories owner’s manuals and blank warranty card, no sign of wear or abuse.
Used and Vintage Gear
We honor a 3 day return window on all used and vintage items.
All our used gear is tested for functionality prior to being available for purchase and therefore only carries a 3 day approval period. If you would like to make a return just let us know within the 3 day window.
Damaged or Defective Items
We visually inspect all items before shipment. If you believe you have received a damaged or defective product, please contact us immediately so we can work through the issue. Guitars, basses, and other equipment returned to us with pick marks, "buckle-rash", or any other damage or evidence of use may be subject to a 20% restocking fee, repair charge or disqualification of return. All items must be returned to us in the same condition they were when shipped to qualify. We reserve the right to refuse any return if we determine the item has been misused, modified or damaged by the purchaser. If the item turns out not to be defective upon inspection, we will have to deduct the cost of shipping from your return credit.
You will be responsible for the shipping charge for the return of your item, and if your item qualifies for Free shipping on its way to you, this shipping charge will also be deducted from your refund. If your item is determined to be defective, we will pay the shipping charge, equivalent to ground service.