Boss DD-8 Digital Delay Pedal
Having a looper on your pedalboard is a handy thing—it’s great for practice, checking sounds at gigs, and creating on-the-fly backing while performing. The DD-8’s looper mode has you covered, so you don’t have to take up precious space with a dedicated pedal. All looper functions can be controlled with the onboard switch, providing all-in-one operation. But if you prefer to work with extended controls, just connect one or two footswitches to operate the looper’s stop and clear functions externally.
Smart I/O for Easy Setup
The DD-8’s inputs and outputs have smart functionality, allowing you to set the pedal for any application simply by connecting cables in different ways. A variety of mono and stereo connections are supported, including discrete dry and effect outputs for wet/dry setups. It’s even possible to defeat the dry signal entirely, perfect for delay-only blending in a parallel effects loop.
DD-8 Delay Modes
- Analog—Classic analog BBD delay sound.
- Standard—Clear digital delay.
- Tape—Vintage tape-based delay sound.
- Warm—Digital delay with a softer sound.
- Reverse—Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
- +RV—Digital delay with reverb added.
- Shimmer—Pitch-shifted delay for lush, shimmering textures.
- Mod—Digital delay with modulation added on the repeats.
- Warp—Unique delay with expressive pedal control. Holding the pedal switch increases feedback and level, allowing you to create ambient swell effects.
- GLT—Newly developed delay mode that creates glitchy machine-gun effects when the pedal switch is pressed. Adjust the Feedback and Time knobs for a wide variety of sounds.
- Loop—Loop recorder with overdub capability and up to 40 seconds of recording time with mono input (20 seconds with stereo input).
- The most advanced BOSS compact series delay ever
- Eleven versatile modes include basic digital delay, vintage echoes, shimmer, mod, looper, and more
- Looper offers up to 40 seconds of recording time, overdub capability, and three-pedal operation with external footswitches
- Three newly developed delay types: Warm, +RV (delay+reverb), and GLT (rhythmic delay)
- Up to 10 seconds of delay time available with tap tempo input
- Carryover switch sets whether delay trails continue or stop when the effect is bypassed
- True stereo I/O and three selectable output modes (independent, panning, and wide stereo)
- Smart I/O jacks support a variety of connection setups (mono, stereo, wet/dry, wet only, and more)
- Support for external control with two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Unique Twist function available in each delay mode via an external footswitch
- BOSS five-year warranty
Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
Bypass: Buffered bypass
- MODE knob
- TIME knob
- FEEDBACK knob
- E.LEVEL(Effect Level) knob
- CARRYOVER switch
- Pedal switch
Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- INPUT-A(MONO)/INPUT-B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT-A(MONO)/OUTPUT-B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- TEMPO/EXP jack: TRS 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
Power Supply : Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
Current Draw: 65 mA
Expected battery life under continuous useAlkaline: Approx. 5 hours
*These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use
Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
Dry battery (9 V, 6LR61)
Options (sold separately)
AC adaptor: PSA series
Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7
Expression pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width: 73 mm/2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm/5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm/2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 440 g/1 lb
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Flipside Music ships items within 2 days of purchase. UPS, FedEx or USPS will be used to ship your purchase, if you have a preference for another shipping provider, please contact Ike or Dylan and we will work with you and the company you choose.
International orders may be subject to destination countries sales, VAT or import tax. Please contact your country's duty center, prior to purchase for more information regarding these fees. Flipside Music will not reduce listed price to avoid said duties.
We honor a 14 day return window on all new items.
If you feel the need to return an item, it must be in the sellable condition, no paint chips, scratches or broken parts. Sellable Condition means that the product(s) is in exactly the same condition as it was when you received it. The item must have all the original packaging, included accessories owner’s manuals and blank warranty card, no sign of wear or abuse.
Used and Vintage Gear
We honor a 3 day return window on all used and vintage items.
All our used gear is tested for functionality prior to being available for purchase and therefore only carries a 3 day approval period. If you would like to make a return just let us know within the 3 day window.
Damaged or Defective Items
We visually inspect all items before shipment. If you believe you have received a damaged or defective product, please contact us immediately so we can work through the issue. Guitars, basses, and other equipment returned to us with pick marks, "buckle-rash", or any other damage or evidence of use may be subject to a 20% restocking fee, repair charge or disqualification of return. All items must be returned to us in the same condition they were when shipped to qualify. We reserve the right to refuse any return if we determine the item has been misused, modified or damaged by the purchaser. If the item turns out not to be defective upon inspection, we will have to deduct the cost of shipping from your return credit.
You will be responsible for the shipping charge for the return of your item, and if your item qualifies for Free shipping on its way to you, this shipping charge will also be deducted from your refund. If your item is determined to be defective, we will pay the shipping charge, equivalent to ground service.