Boss MD-500 Modulation Effects Pedal
- Studio-level sound with first-in-class 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 modes and 28 modulation types, all with deep editing parameters
- Classic mod effects and BOSS originals, newly enhanced with cutting-edge technology
- A/B Simul mode for using two patches at once, with your choice of series/parallel connection and mixed or split A/B output
- Insert Loop function allows you to use mod effects before, after, or around drive pedals
- Graphic LCD and intensive real-time control options
- 297 on board patch memories and hands-on controls
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- MIDI I/O for interfacing with MIDI control devices
- USB-MIDI for connecting to the MD-500 Editor/Librarian or a DAW
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
Sampling Frequency: 96 kHz
AD/DA Conversion: 32 bits
Processing: 32-bit floating point
- CLASSIC VIBE
- RING MOD
Memory: 198 (99 banks x 2 [A] [B]), 297 (99 banks x 3 [A] [B] [C])
Nominal Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
Maximum Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
Input Impedance: INPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
Maximum Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
Output Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 2 k ohms
Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 20 k ohms or greater
Bypass: Buffered bypass or True bypass (with relays)
A switch, B switch, TAP/CTL switch
DOWN button, UP button, EXIT button, EDIT button
MODE knob, RATE/VALUE knob, DEPTH knob, E.LEVEL knob, PARAM 1 knob, PARAM 2 knob
Display: Graphic LCD (128 x 64 dots, backlit LCD)
INPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks, OUTPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
DC IN jack
Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (sold separately)
Current Draw: 225 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 4.5 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4Options (sold separately)AC adaptor: PSA-S series
Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L
Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width: 170 mm/6-3/4 inches
- Depth: 138 mm/5-7/16 inches
- Height: 62 mm/2-1/2 inches
- Weight (including battery): 1.0 kg/2 lbs 4 oz
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Flipside Music ships items within 2 days of purchase. UPS, FedEx or USPS will be used to ship your purchase, if you have a preference for another shipping provider, please contact Ike or Dylan and we will work with you and the company you choose.
International orders may be subject to destination countries sales, VAT or import tax. Please contact your country's duty center, prior to purchase for more information regarding these fees. Flipside Music will not reduce listed price to avoid said duties.
We honor a 14 day return window on all new items.
If you feel the need to return an item, it must be in the sellable condition, no paint chips, scratches or broken parts. Sellable Condition means that the product(s) is in exactly the same condition as it was when you received it. The item must have all the original packaging, included accessories owner’s manuals and blank warranty card, no sign of wear or abuse.
Used and Vintage Gear
We honor a 3 day return window on all used and vintage items.
All our used gear is tested for functionality prior to being available for purchase and therefore only carries a 3 day approval period. If you would like to make a return just let us know within the 3 day window.
Damaged or Defective Items
We visually inspect all items before shipment. If you believe you have received a damaged or defective product, please contact us immediately so we can work through the issue. Guitars, basses, and other equipment returned to us with pick marks, "buckle-rash", or any other damage or evidence of use may be subject to a 20% restocking fee, repair charge or disqualification of return. All items must be returned to us in the same condition they were when shipped to qualify. We reserve the right to refuse any return if we determine the item has been misused, modified or damaged by the purchaser. If the item turns out not to be defective upon inspection, we will have to deduct the cost of shipping from your return credit.
You will be responsible for the shipping charge for the return of your item, and if your item qualifies for Free shipping on its way to you, this shipping charge will also be deducted from your refund. If your item is determined to be defective, we will pay the shipping charge, equivalent to ground service.