Boss MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher
As Versatile As You Need to Be
The MS-3’s highly flexible design gives you the freedom to create any kind of effects system, from simple to complex. It can serve as a general-purpose effects unit to augment core tone from three stompboxes, or function as the central hub of an advanced hybrid rig with MIDI gear and channel-switching amps. It even works as a standalone effects processor, making it perfect for fly dates and other times you need to travel light. And if you’re just starting out, the MS-3 provides a solid effects foundation that can be expanded as your experience grows.
Three Loops for Your Choice of Effects
Via the MS-3’s audio loops, you can connect three different effects devices to the system. You’ll probably want to hook up your favorite drive and booster pedals to the loops, but you can use any effects you like. Once your pedals are connected, you’re able to switch the loops on/off individually, and position the MS-3’s onboard effects around them any way you want.
- Powerful integrated solution for creating a compact professional pedalboard
- Unlimited sound creation with six simultaneous pedal effects and audio loops for connecting three external pedals
- 112 built-in effects types for guitar and bass, including delays, reverbs, mod/pitch effects, overdrives, distortions, and more
- Intuitive user interface for easy patch creation
- Backlit LCD, editing knobs, and panel LEDs for on/off status of loops and effects
- Control assign, wave pedal, and other functions for deep real-time expression
- Equipped with numerous jacks for amp channel switching, effects control, and more
- MIDI output for working with MIDI-enabled effects
- Built-in tuner, noise suppressor, and global EQ
- USB for patch creation and backup via free MS-3 Editor/Librarian software
Modes: Memory mode/Manual mode
24 bits + AF method
AF method (Adaptive Focus method) This is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
DA Conversion: 24 bits
Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
Effects: 112 types
Nominal Input Level
INPUT: -10 dBu
LOOPS L1--3 RETURN: -10 dBu
Maximum Input Level
INPUT: +7 dBu
LOOPS L1--3 RETURN: +7 dBu
Input Impedance: INPUT: 1 M ohms
Nominal Output Level
OUTPUT L/MONO, R: -10 dBu
LOOPS L1--3 SEND: -10 dBu
Output Impedance: OUTPUT L/MONO, R: 1 k ohms
Recommended Load Impedance
OUTPUT L/MONO, R: 10 k ohms or greater
LOOPS 1--3 SEND: 10 k ohms or greater
- Number switches 1--4, MEMORY/MANUAL switch
- ON/OFF button, MENU button, EDIT button, EXIT button, ENTER button
- 1--3 knobs
- POWER switch
Display: Graphic LCD (132 x 32 dots, backlit LCD)
Number indicators 1--4, MEMORY/MANUAL indicator
On/Off indicators (FX1, MOD1, L1--3, FX2, MOD2, DLY, REV)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- LOOPS L1--3 SEND jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- LOOPS L1--3 RETURN jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL OUT CTL1/2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- CTL IN EXP1 CTL1/2 jack, CTL IN EXP2 CTL3/4 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- MIDI OUT connector
- DC IN jack
Power Supply: AC adaptor
Current Draw: 280 mA
- AC adaptor
- Rubber feet x 4
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Options (sold separately)
Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
Expression pedal: EV-30, FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width: 275 mm/10-7/8 inches
- Depth: 97 mm/3-7/8 inches
- Height: 68 mm/2-11/16 inches
- Weight: 1.1 kg/2 lbs 7 oz
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Flipside Music ships items within 2 days of purchase. UPS, FedEx or USPS will be used to ship your purchase, if you have a preference for another shipping provider, please contact Ike or Dylan and we will work with you and the company you choose.
International orders may be subject to destination countries sales, VAT or import tax. Please contact your country's duty center, prior to purchase for more information regarding these fees. Flipside Music will not reduce listed price to avoid said duties.
We honor a 14 day return window on all new items.
If you feel the need to return an item, it must be in the sellable condition, no paint chips, scratches or broken parts. Sellable Condition means that the product(s) is in exactly the same condition as it was when you received it. The item must have all the original packaging, included accessories owner’s manuals and blank warranty card, no sign of wear or abuse.
Used and Vintage Gear
We honor a 3 day return window on all used and vintage items.
All our used gear is tested for functionality prior to being available for purchase and therefore only carries a 3 day approval period. If you would like to make a return just let us know within the 3 day window.
Damaged or Defective Items
We visually inspect all items before shipment. If you believe you have received a damaged or defective product, please contact us immediately so we can work through the issue. Guitars, basses, and other equipment returned to us with pick marks, "buckle-rash", or any other damage or evidence of use may be subject to a 20% restocking fee, repair charge or disqualification of return. All items must be returned to us in the same condition they were when shipped to qualify. We reserve the right to refuse any return if we determine the item has been misused, modified or damaged by the purchaser. If the item turns out not to be defective upon inspection, we will have to deduct the cost of shipping from your return credit.
You will be responsible for the shipping charge for the return of your item, and if your item qualifies for Free shipping on its way to you, this shipping charge will also be deducted from your refund. If your item is determined to be defective, we will pay the shipping charge, equivalent to ground service.