Boss RV-500 Reverb Effects Pedal
Inside the RV-500 are 21 top-quality reverb algorithms that enable you to shape any kind of space you can imagine. Each includes a massive range of adjustable parameters, from decay, density, and modulation to EQ, ducking, and more. Every algorithm has been newly developed specifically for this pedal, leveraging BOSS’s decades of expertise in advanced reverb design. On tap is everything from standards like room, hall, and plate to advanced reverbs like shimmer, non-linear, SFX, and many more. Also included are all-new recreations of the RE-201 Space Echo and SRV-2000 Digital Reverb, two revered Roland classics from the ‘70s and ‘80s.
Simultaneous Reverbs and Independent Digital Delay
With its powerhouse DSP engine, the RV-500 is far more than a one-effect device. To start, the pedal’s Dual mode provides two independent reverbs at once; you can feed them both with a full-range input, or with divided frequency ranges on each input to build rich, multi-range sounds. And when you employ A/B Simul mode, you can use any two RV-500 reverb patches at the same time, with your choice of series or parallel connection order and mixed or split A/B output. What’s more, each patch also includes a digital delay with a full set of parameters including modulation and EQ, plus the ability to set the reverb and delay effects for series or parallel operation on a per-patch basis.
The RV-500 features 32-bit/96 kHz AD/DA, exceeding all industry standards for pedal-based effects. All internal processing is 32-bit floating point and runs at a 96 kHz sampling rate as well, delivering pristine sonic quality that goes beyond the highest-level digital processors used in top pro studios. If you wish, you can run your analog dry tone straight through so it’s completely untouched with digital processing. You’re also able to select true-bypass or buffered-bypass operation to suit the needs of your setup.
Advanced Interface, Intuitive Operation
The RV-500 is equipped with a large LCD that clearly shows the patch name, delay time, and other vital performance information. It also makes it easy to view and adjust the unit’s deep editing parameters and advanced control features. With the grab-and-go panel knobs, you have top-level access to essential parameter adjustments like pre-delay, high and low EQ, and effect level. And via USB, you can connect with the free RV-500 Editor/Librarian on your computer for remote editing, patch backup, and more.
Intensive Real-Time Control
With its freely assignable switches and extensive support for real-time control, the RV-500 delivers unmatched creative expression and performance flexibility. By default, the A, B, and TAP/CTL switches offer intuitive control for patch/bank selection and bypass, plus tap tempo and real-time adjustment of various effect parameters. If you like, the switches can be customized to access three different reverbs patches, A/B Simul mode, and other functions. MIDI I/O opens the door to even more creative possibilities, offering deep control options with advanced setups.
RV-500 Modes and Algorithms
- Room—Four types: small, medium, large, and ambience.
- Hall—Three different hall sizes.
- Plate—Classic studio-style reverberation.
- Spring—Choose from one to three springs.
- Shimmer—Two voices of pitch-shifted reverb.
- Fast Decay—Unique reverb with quick decay for increased clarity.
- Early Reflection—Four types with envelope parameters to shape unique sounds.
- Non-Linear—Includes gate, reverse, and granular types.
- SFX—Three characterful reverb types for special effects: Lo-Fi, Slowverb, and Storm.
- Dual—Two independent reverbs that can accept a full-range or frequency-divided input.
- SRV—Recreates the Roland SRV-2000, a classic rack reverb from the 1980s.
- Space Echo—Recreates the Roland RE-201 Space Echo, one of the most coveted tape echo units ever made.
- Studio-level sound with first-in-class 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 modes with 21 reverb types, all with deep editing parameters
- Includes a wide range of reverb types from standard to advanced, plus Roland classics such as the SRV-2000 Reverb and RE-201 Space Echo
- A/B Simul mode allows you to use two reverb patches at once
- Selectable carryover function allows reverb tails to continue with patch change or effect bypass
- Powerful DSP provides independent digital delay with modulation along with each reverb patch
- Graphic LCD and intensive real-time control options
- 297 onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- MIDI I/O for interfacing with MIDI control devices
- USB-MIDI for connecting to the RV-500 Editor/Librarian or a DAW
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
Sampling Frequency: 96 kHz
AD/DA Conversion: 32 bits
Processing: 32-bit floating point
- 12 modes
- FAST DECAY
- EARLY REFLECTION
- SPACE ECHO
Memory: 198 (99 banks x 2 [A] [B]), 297 (99 banks x 3 [A] [B] [C])
Nominal Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
Maximum Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
Input Impedance: INPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
Maximum Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
Output Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 2 k ohms
Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 20 k ohms or greater
Bypass: Buffered bypass or True bypass (with relays)
- A switch, B switch, TAP/CTL switch
- DOWN button, UP button, EXIT button, EDIT button
- MODE knob, TIME/VALUE knob, PRE-DELAY knob, E.LEVEL knob, LOW knob, HIGH knob
Display: Graphic LCD (128 x 64 dots, backlit LCD)
- INPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks, OUTPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- DC IN jack
Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (sold separately)
Current Draw: 225 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 4.5 hours
* These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4Options (sold separately)AC adaptor: PSA-S series
Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L
Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width: 170 mm/6-3/4 inches
- Depth: 138 mm/5-7/16 inches
- Height: 62 mm/2-1/2 inches
- Weight (including battery): 1.0 kg/2 lbs 4 oz
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Flipside Music ships items within 2 days of purchase. UPS, FedEx or USPS will be used to ship your purchase, if you have a preference for another shipping provider, please contact Ike or Dylan and we will work with you and the company you choose.
International orders may be subject to destination countries sales, VAT or import tax. Please contact your country's duty center, prior to purchase for more information regarding these fees. Flipside Music will not reduce listed price to avoid said duties.
We honor a 14 day return window on all new items.
If you feel the need to return an item, it must be in the sellable condition, no paint chips, scratches or broken parts. Sellable Condition means that the product(s) is in exactly the same condition as it was when you received it. The item must have all the original packaging, included accessories owner’s manuals and blank warranty card, no sign of wear or abuse.
Used and Vintage Gear
We honor a 3 day return window on all used and vintage items.
All our used gear is tested for functionality prior to being available for purchase and therefore only carries a 3 day approval period. If you would like to make a return just let us know within the 3 day window.
Damaged or Defective Items
We visually inspect all items before shipment. If you believe you have received a damaged or defective product, please contact us immediately so we can work through the issue. Guitars, basses, and other equipment returned to us with pick marks, "buckle-rash", or any other damage or evidence of use may be subject to a 20% restocking fee, repair charge or disqualification of return. All items must be returned to us in the same condition they were when shipped to qualify. We reserve the right to refuse any return if we determine the item has been misused, modified or damaged by the purchaser. If the item turns out not to be defective upon inspection, we will have to deduct the cost of shipping from your return credit.
You will be responsible for the shipping charge for the return of your item, and if your item qualifies for Free shipping on its way to you, this shipping charge will also be deducted from your refund. If your item is determined to be defective, we will pay the shipping charge, equivalent to ground service.