Electro-Harmonix Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff Pi Distortion/Sustainer Pedal
Did you know? The circa 1991 Sovtek “Civil War” Big Muff (dubbed that because of its blue and gray chassis) used the same circuit as the “Tall Font Green Russian” Big Muff and our EHX Green Russian Big Muff! The new Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff expands on that big, wooly sound with the addition of the Deluxe Big Muff’s advanced controls while paying homage to the Civil War Big Muff aesthetic.
It’s all here in one integrated pedal. The Sovtek signature sound. The devastating low end, crisp highs and non-scooped mids, plus the advanced control of the Deluxe Big Muff in a single, completely integrated pedal.
EHX kept the familiar Sustain, Tone and Volume knobs, and we’ve added a ton of extras from the Deluxe Big Muff for those who crave its deep sound shaping abilities.
- A fully integrated pedal that combines the “Civil War” / “Tall Font” Green Russian Big Muffs plus the Deluxe Big Muff Pi
- Foot-switchable MIDS EQ section that delivers extensive sound shaping control
- High Q / Low Q switch
- Wicker switch to open up high frequency bandwidth
- Noise Gate
- Expression pedal input
- 9V battery included
- Circuit: Analog
- Bypass: True Bypass
- Audio: Mono
- Power Supply: 9V battery included (optional 9.6VDC-200mA power adapter not included)
- Dimensions (in): 5.75 x 4.75 x 2.5
- Current Draw: 22mA
- Year Released: 2018
Flipside Music ships items within 2 days of purchase. UPS, FedEx or USPS will be used to ship your purchase, if you have a preference for another shipping provider, please contact Ike or Dylan and we will work with you and the company you choose.
International orders may be subject to destination countries' sales, VAT or import tax. Please contact your country's duty center, prior to purchase for more information regarding these fees. Flipside Music will not reduce listed price to avoid said duties.
We honor a 14 day return window on all new items.
If you feel the need to return an item, it must be in the sellable condition, no paint chips, scratches or broken parts. Sellable Condition means that the product(s) is in exactly the same condition as it was when you received it. The item must have all the original packaging, included accessories owner’s manuals and blank warranty card, no sign of wear or abuse.
Used and Vintage Gear
We honor a 3 day return window on all used and vintage items.
All our used gear is tested for functionality prior to being available for purchase and therefore only carries a 3 day approval period. If you would like to make a return just let us know within the 3 day window.
Damaged or Defective Items
We visually inspect all items before shipment. If you believe you have received a damaged or defective product, please contact us immediately so we can work through the issue. Guitars, basses, and other equipment returned to us with pick marks, "buckle-rash", or any other damage or evidence of use may be subject to a 20% restocking fee, repair charge or disqualification of return. All items must be returned to us in the same condition they were when shipped to qualify. We reserve the right to refuse any return if we determine the item has been misused, modified or damaged by the purchaser. If the item turns out not to be defective upon inspection, we will have to deduct the cost of shipping from your return credit.
You will be responsible for the shipping charge for the return of your item, and if your item qualifies for Free shipping on its way to you, this shipping charge will also be deducted from your refund. If your item is determined to be defective, we will pay the shipping charge, equivalent to ground service.
3. GATE – Noise gate to remove unwanted hiss and hum
4. BLEND – Mix control for the dry and distorted signals. Enables bass players to retain their signal’s low end; also useful when layering in other distortion pedals
5. WICKER– With the switch up, high frequency bandwidth is opened up for a more pronounced attack. Switch down yields the traditional Green Russian sound.
6. EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT – Sweeps the frequency of the MIDS EQ to create wah wah and cocked wah effects
7. TRUE BYPASS – Maintains signal path integrity in bypass mode
8. INTERNAL INPUT BUFFER SWITCH – An internal slide switch to engage a buffer on the Big Muff’s input circuit that increases the high end content of both the distorted and clean signal being blended in
9. MIDS EQ TRIM POTS – Three internal trim pots for adjusting (a) High Q bandwidth, (b) High Q output volume and (c) overall MIDS EQ output volume.